Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE

Users - 2838
Posts - 33022
Domain Rating - 78

Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Car Imports & Transfers in Spain
Car Transfer in Spain
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Poll
What do you use the site for?
Download clashes
Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_lcap42%Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_rcap
 42% [ 92 ]
Check dates/places of clashes
Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_lcap2%Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Both
Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_lcap52%Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_rcap
 52% [ 114 ]
Other
Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_lcap4%Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 220
Statistics
We have 2887 registered users
The newest registered user is bojcian

Our users have posted a total of 33131 messages in 4752 subjects

Gregory Isaacs singles selection!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male
Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Empty
PostSubject: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:31 am

"When people hear the name Gregory Isaacs, I want dem to think of 'Night Nurse' and 'Red Rose for Gregory' and 'The Cool Ruler,'. I love it when somebody comes up to me and say "I love your songs" I feel good about it seen, only love can conquer war and it's good for people to make love hahaa. I have a label called the African Museum and I am still doing recordings and producing. It's mostly Reggae and Dancehall, an we got quite a few artists we got The Melodians, The EQ's, Dave Simon many many. We have an album out right now called "Rat Patrol" and one is in the making right now, nothing will change the Gregory Isaacs feel is universal. I write almost all my songs and I put myself in the presence of other people and a song like Night Nurse is about a man and a woman, yeah yuh nuh. My goal for the future is jus to keep on doing my work and trying to uplift who I can uplift."- from http://www.myspace.com/gregoryisaacsmon

Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Pic_gregory_isaacs1

Sticktly 7, 10 & 12" draws (if I got out the LPs it would be too much)

1 LOOKING BACK (MOODISC)
2 DON'T GO (IMPACT)
3 ROCK ON (OBSERVER)
4 SATURDAY- CHRISTINE (OBSERVER)
5 AFRICAN WOMAN (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
6 LONELY SOLDIER (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
7 BEAUTIFUL AFRICA (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
8 WAILING RUDIE (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
9 MR COP (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
10 COOL DOWN THE PACE (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
11 A FEW WORDS (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
12 CRYING OVER YOU (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
13 NEXT TO YOU (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
14 PRIVATE SECRETARY (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
15 NIGHT NURSE (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
16 PARTY NIGHT (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
17 TUNE IN (AFRICAN MUSEUM)
18 NUMBER ONE (GG'S)
19 GINNIE YOU ARE MY MUNBER ONE- TRINITY (GG'S)
20 ROLL RIVER JORDAN- U BROWN (GG'S)
21 THE BORDER (GG'S)
22 STRUGGLING ON (GG'S)
23 PAYMASTER [AKA SLAVE MASTER] (OBSERVER)
24 CAPTIVE- RANKING BUCKNER (OBSERVER)
25 SUNDAY MORNING (SOLOMONIC)
26 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (CASH & CARRY)
27 CONGRATULATIONS (MORWELL ESQ)
28 I LIED (DYNAMITE)
29 FOOD, CLOTHES & SHELTER (IMAJ)
30 COMING HOME (TAXI)
31 SOON FORWARD (TAXI)
32 NEED YOUR LOVING (FEEL THE BEAT)
33 OH WHAT A FEELING (TAXI)
34 LADY ON THE FRONTLINE (MAFIA & FLUXY)
35 LONELINESS KEEP LINGERING ON (TECHNIQUES)

10 tracks/ 79mins/ 224kbs/ 128mb/ word format sleeve in folder (reuploaded February 2010!)

"Gregory Isaacs (born Gregory Anthony Isaacs, 15 July 1950, Fletchers Land, Kingston, Jamaica)
In the 1970s, he emerged as one of the most prolific and popular recording artists in Jamaica. He released a number of self-produced singles on his African Museum (JA) record label, formed in 1973 with Errol Dunkley. Much of Isaacs' output reflected the 'conscious' themes of roots reggae, but Isaacs was equally adept at interpreting more mainstream lovers rock material. His hits include "My Only Lover", "Sinner Man" and "Mr. Cop", recorded at Lee Perry's Black Ark Studio.
A period in the 1970s with the GG's label and its record producer, Alvin Ranglin produced hits like "Border" and "Number One". Many consider his best music to be from the various producers and labels he recorded with in the 1970s, with rootsier songs like "Slave Master" from the classic Mr Isaacs album (1977), contrasting with the optimism of songs like "Love is Overdue" and the beautiful, moving "Loving Pauper".
He signed with Virgin Records and then Charisma Records in the late 1970s, and material from this period gave him a wider international audience. Songs such as "Soon Forward", "If I Don't Have You" and "Let's Dance" are often re-released on compilation albums from this period.
Isaacs signed an international release contract with Island Records, which resulted in the release of the albums Night Nurse (1982), probably his best known album among the many international music fans who had taken to reggae by then; and Out Deh! (1983). Personal problems affected him after this recording contract ended. After recording for a number of record producers, Isaacs built a strong relationship with Gussie Clarke of the Music Works label. His big comeback hit of 1988, "Rumours", was popular with both young reggae fans, and with those who had listened to his music since those classic songs from the 1970s.
In the 1990s the African Museum label continued to release all of Isaacs' music, and that of artists he produced. In 1997 Simply Red covered "Night Nurse" and had a hit with it. Isaacs continues to record and perform live in the 2000s. In 2005 Lady Saw produced another version of "Night Nurse" with her toasting over the original lyrics.
He also performed at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 Inauguration at Jamaica.
In 2007 he collaborated with the Spanish rap group Flowklorikos album Donde Duele Inspira.
In 2008, after some 40 years as a recording artist, Mr Isaacs release the new studio album "Brand new me". The album got good critics like this one from Reggae Vibes, “Gregory is back, and how! "Brand New Me" is the very suitable album title for the cool ruler's new album. He is back in a different style, more or less like we were used to from this great lovers & roots artist“[1]
Isaacs also had a prominent role in the 1978 film Rockers alongside many reggae stars of the time.[2]
His nicknames include "Cool Ruler" and "Lonely Lover"."- wikipedia

Last edited by Mister Soundtapes on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoundtapes.com

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks !!!
Greetings from Paris ! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:14 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:20 am

thanks for the help with the download
Back to top Go down
ABOO78
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:45 am

give thanks
Back to top Go down
ABOO78
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 pm

the cool ruler
Back to top Go down
daveinprague
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 am

have to take a slice. give thanks iyah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: nice   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 pm

cool ruler love it
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:16 am

this link is good again!
Back to top Go down
Kingsize

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Gregoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 am

love the man

bless
Back to top Go down
otis b

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 am

thanx 2 the cool ruler gregory
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 am

RIP Gregory. Very sorry to say he passed away this morning in London. He was one of the top artists. Terrible loss to reggae
Back to top Go down
Pillz

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

RIP. The late great Gregory Issac!!
Back to top Go down
Eva7

Male
Registration date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks. Love a bit of Gregory.
Back to top Go down
Iray

Male
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
Iray

Male
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 am

only megaupload ... All links dead
Back to top Go down
CHGplaya

CHGplaya

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:40 am

Thank you. Big selection!
Back to top Go down
jbeekeen

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Cool rula   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gregory Isaacs singles selection!   Gregory Isaacs singles selection! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gregory Isaacs singles selection!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1