Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE

Users - 2838
Posts - 33022
Domain Rating - 78

Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Car Imports & Transfers in Spain
Car Transfer in Spain
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Poll
What do you use the site for?
Download clashes
My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_lcap42%My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_rcap
 42% [ 92 ]
Check dates/places of clashes
My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_lcap2%My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Both
My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_lcap51%My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_rcap
 51% [ 112 ]
Other
My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_lcap4%My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 218
Statistics
We have 2878 registered users
The newest registered user is trademarley

Our users have posted a total of 33120 messages in 4752 subjects

My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male
Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-10-06

My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Empty
PostSubject: My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper   My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:30 am

My life on killamanjaro (Posted 7th September 2009 on the Sound System forum at DHR)

My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Rickytrooper

O k people i am going to share with you my life on killamanjaro from the first day untill i left the sound system.I just feel it's time to let you know how a no name person became jamaica greatest clash selector and i will let you know in diffrent parts cause this story is so long.I experience killamanjaro sound system for the first time as a kid in spanish town one sunday evening at the spanish town prison oval.It was famous at the time with early b cat etc but what was fascinating was the size of the sound.It only had 8 boxes with everything built in one painted in a gray coulour with just a few equipments but it sounded so crystal clear.At that time i was playing a sound system by the name of coptic hi power and going to school at the same time.It was many years later that my path with jaro would cross again.I was told that jaro was looking for dj's by a singer name hugo barrington who used to talk to my sister.At that time i was working on creation rock tower with papa san etc but the financial part was a joke because i was working $200 all night and sometimes none at all.

I found out that mr harper worked at the nova scotia bank on king street in kingston so eary one monday morning i went there to see if i could get a job on the sound but he did not come to work that day and i went there everyday for one week and he did not turn up because he was on a banking course.The following friday i went again from 8 am in the morning and was there untill about 1 pm i saw this brown tall man entering the bank because i was sitting on the step of the bank looking at everyone entering and leaving.I have never seen jaro before but my spirit told me that he was the person i came to see so i went in the bank and ask the security guy if he could tell jaro that i wanted to speak to him because at that time i did not know that his name was noel harper.He said to me mr harper and i said yes.It turn out to be the person i came to see and when we met for the first time i never forgot the first words he said to me.He said i am busy so talk fast and i said i am a dj looking for a job on your sound and he said a lot a people want work but him a look special and serious people.I never understand what he ment by special people but i know i was serious cause i needed tha job because at the time i only had one shoes,two pants and three shirts and had my smaller sisters and brothers to help feed.He said he can't make me no promises but if i had the time in the evening i could come to cockburn pen in the evening and he could listen me.

He asked me if i knew where cockburn pen was and i said yes but i lied cause mi no know whey to find that but mi ago find it cause mi need the work.I left the bank and went back to spanish town go press my best pants and shirt and hustle a fair to go back in the night cause mi one five dollar i had in the morning was done after paying bus fare and buying a bun and sky juice for lunch.I got a fair directions and went to cockburn pen in the night and found the venue name bamboo by following the melody from jaro speakers.Jaro was there when i got there and he said to me you are early and i said early bird cath the worm.To me he was a serious man whey no talk much and hardly laugh so i kinda avoid him from that time till now.He asked me how the sound sounded and i said it a play good and him say so you say.He then said he wanted to hear what i can do on the mike so i went around the sound which at that time the selector was a indian guy by the name of jermmy lee who is now deceased (RIP).This guy name german was on the mike and jaro say to give me the mike and the guy say what was my name and i said screechie trooper because that was my name at the time no ricky ting yet.I was nervous and the first two rydim i ride the place never bus so i said to jermmy lee say i need this work so play a few bad rydim for me and he said ok and put on the ansa rydim and mi just fuck up the place around six time pon the ansa and jaro smiled for the first time since i met him.

Then here come ninjaman around the sound a say a which new boy dis who sound like papa san which was true because at the time i dj and sounded like a papa san clone.Ninjaman just a buss big because he just killed silver hawk.We started to dj together and a buss the place with him toe to toe and jermy lee first say boss tek him him bad and ninja say to me you have you work and mi say yes ninja mi just buss.After that jaro and i had a small talk and i said i was going home to spanish town before bus stop run and he said ok come a work saturday cause the sound was playing out a east a my fathers place.The first night on the job was like hell because jaro never tell the rest a dj's on the sound say mi a work so at the time it was ninja,jnr cat,german,ruddy irie,and daddy shark josie wales bredda.From mi go round the sound that night shark start throw words a say some man gowhey,pussy move and pure dis so mi just a chill and a talk to jermmie lee cause none a dem naw give mi the mike cause shark and cat par and german and ruddy fraid a cat a so it stay dat time pon the sound.Mi never talk untill ninja come round 12.30 am in the morning when him say whey mi prentice deh and give mi the mike and mi fuck up the place again cause mi talk fast and talk stories pon the mike so the people dem start go wild.And then all hell broke lose when shark say some bwoy fi suck them mumma and ninja say a who you a talk and mi say the pussy a dis from night and ninja say talk cause a mi buss back diss and no man pon it can give him no talk.From the first night mi work pon jaro power struggle a gawn pon it.It was never no bed a roses whey mi soon mek unu know.Ninja say something whey mi no hear round the sound and mi hear shark say ninja you a pussy and ninja just tek off him hat one a the shine siver workman hard hat and give shark a hard blow knock him right a ground and start kick him.A dat night mi start know say a badness run jaro sound cause even the selector mi see back him knife nuff time to defend him talk round the sound but i did done used to that cause creation was no better.Me and kieth left the dance wid ninja and him woman lilly that morning and go ninja hotel wid him go chill and chat pure fuckry cause ninja was a cartoon punk whey give nuff joke.

A ninja turn mi into a cartoon freak.Mi say to ninja say the youths pon the sound naw no unity and him say to me youth unity no build foundation a war and strife build great things and mi used that and steer mi music life from that night.In the morning we wake ninja and say we a leave cause mi and kieth watch tv all night cause a the first we ever been in a hotel before a watch colour tv too.Him say come in him room and tek a money off him dresser and mi naw lie a the first mi ever see so much money one place before in my whole life.Mi naw lie mi just scoop up a pile and him say work lata and mi say yes boss.Mi say mi naw just come a dance so and him say him ago fire some man if dem no low you.I went away still no satisfy and go parade with troopers the band in the day and a screw all day so the guy whey run the band say trooper wha gawn and mi say a bwoy dis mi last night and him say whey mi say town and him say want we find him mi say yes cause mi no trust noman so in the night we roll go dance and buck jaro a the gate and jaro say him want talk to mi and mi dupes dem say no chat from no man mek we mash up the bwoy and move so jaro say trooper a mi you work wid and shark also so him can deal wid it.So mi say the bwoy dis and mi dupes dem say any man step to me dem a come kill him and jaro say if mi naw tek no talk from him do wha mi want den and mi say alright boss anything u say.Jaro had a meeting that night and fix things and shark a try frend mi up untill mi just chill and we start talk.Him pop off a 38 barrell gun a give mi say gawn hold that fi the night an mi say mi good cause man no new to that and him did kinda vex again but a fi him business dat.Things was ok from that untill mi get the first pay from jaro and when mi check it mi say mi naw lef dah work yah fi nothing.Then here comes the change wid mi on jaro to become a selector again.Want hear the rest a story tell me.
(My life on killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper was posted 7th September 2009 on the Sound System forum at DHR)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoundtapes.com
pole

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper   My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:56 pm

bla
Back to top Go down
diximal

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-14

PostSubject: Re: My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper   My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Good morning,

Of course, if you could tell the rest of that story...that would be great.

Genuine artist

Thnak you very much for sharing this life story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper   My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Life On Killamanjaro by Ricky Trooper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUNDTAPES  :: Discussion forums :: Current sounds and dances-