Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE

Users - 2838
Posts - 33022
Domain Rating - 78

Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Car Imports & Transfers in Spain
Car Transfer in Spain
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Poll
What do you use the site for?
Download clashes
Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_lcap42%Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_rcap
 42% [ 92 ]
Check dates/places of clashes
Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_lcap2%Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Both
Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_lcap52%Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_rcap
 52% [ 114 ]
Other
Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_lcap4%Better+faster way to upload large files................ Vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 220
Statistics
We have 2888 registered users
The newest registered user is finley

Our users have posted a total of 33132 messages in 4752 subjects

Better+faster way to upload large files................

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Better+faster way to upload large files................ Empty
PostSubject: Better+faster way to upload large files................   Better+faster way to upload large files................ Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 pm

hi steve, just wanted to let u know about this website:
www.asapload.com
it's a free file host which combines the top 9x free file host websites into one, it also has a free FTP function for direct download.
The idea is when you have a large file say over 400MB you split it into several parts, a very easy program to use is HJ Split,
http://www.download.com/HJ-Split/3000-2248_4-10550268.html
it splits files into smaller parts and also joins them up.

So if you have say a movie thats 1GB you split the files, upload each part via www.asapload.com and u select which file hosts u want to use from the tick boxes, if you split the files into 9 parts, tick all 9 boxes then the people downloading can download all 9 files at the same time choosing which links to use, rather than having to wait ages and waiting for limits and download limit or time limit restrictions.
It's a good idea for any large files u want to upload on hear, i personally find File Factory to be very fast, alot better than megaupload, and also uploaded.to very fast.

I notice this asapload.com site has this FTP thing with 100MB per file limit but u can upload 5x files per time, i've not used there ftp but if it's like other ftp sites the file will remain there permenantly which might be a good way to store audio files permenantly.

good luck with the site.....
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male
Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Better+faster way to upload large files................ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better+faster way to upload large files................   Better+faster way to upload large files................ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks mate- I'll check it out. I bought the premium packages with rapidshare and Megaupload so wouldn't want to cough up any more right now though. I like Megaupload because you can upload big files, the links don't die and they send you the links when it's uploaded. However recently I find that sometimes when you click on even recently uploaded files it sometimes says "file temporarily unavailable!"- so something to think about. Media Fire seem good
cheers for the tip and welcome to the site mate Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoundtapes.com

Better+faster way to upload large files................

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUNDTAPES  :: Discussion forums :: Technical help-