Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE

Users - 2838
Posts - 33022
Domain Rating - 78

Contact MrEnergizer by PM for more info and prices
SOUNDTAPES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Car Imports & Transfers in Spain
Car Transfer in Spain
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Poll
What do you use the site for?
Download clashes
Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_lcap42%Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_rcap
 42% [ 92 ]
Check dates/places of clashes
Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_lcap2%Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Both
Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_lcap52%Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_rcap
 52% [ 114 ]
Other
Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_lcap4%Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 220
Statistics
We have 2887 registered users
The newest registered user is bojcian

Our users have posted a total of 33131 messages in 4752 subjects

Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male
Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:29 am

Let's use this thread to say who we are. HIT POST REPLY & NOT NEW TOPIC!

Hi all- thanks for joining this site. I'm Stephen, 34, from South London and work as a teacher. I like alot of soul and reggae music and my favourite tapes are the 83-88 ones, especially the English ones. I got into tapes after I started checking them out by buying some Gaffa Blue tapes from Dub Vendor, and some off Dave Brown when I was in Canada, being lent some by a friend and then trading them all with Andrew Lee (UKs number one tape man!).

I've got another site www.mrsoundtapes.com which is basically a list of tapes. I hope to upload all the good quality ones from there to here and then shut that site. I'm going to start this site by going through my old board- mrsoundtapes' trading places, and moving all the live links to here, then I'll go through DHR's board and move all my own posts to here, then I'll start uploading things I've downloaded the last year or so (about 800!), and some Saxons I recently got on MP3 (about 200). So I'll get it going and keep adding to it, but it'll really need lots of other people to contribute for it to be any good.

I started this site because after a year and a half of enjoying DHR forum I became frustrated with how fast things dropped at that site, the link stealing that went on, people downloading from there and then selling the tapes or even just links to the tapes, people ripping in poor bitrates- like 128kbs, people uploading with sendspace and other rubbish companies so the links only last a week. I'm hoping this site sorts out alot of those problems and that it becomes the number one place to share good quality tapes.

Got A Problem?

Some people have been registering to join the site but not recieved a confirmation e mail. If that is the case it means something has gone wrong and you'll just need to try it again. It is not me that sends the e mails- it is an automatic thing. However, my e mail adress is: mistersoundtapes@googlemail.com if you want to ask me about the site.

If you are a member and have a query feel free to PM MrEnergizer or myself anytime.

Have to thank two people for putting in a lot of time to get the place going:

Beatstreet is a technical wizard who fixed the hide tags and many other settings that are way over my head- he's not even into reggae but is a soulboy extraordinaire!

Jayman the number one sound system blogman shared lots of his links here and volunteered to help moderate.

Thanks alot for all your help guys.

Last edited by Mister Soundtapes on Thu May 21, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsoundtapes.com
biltmore94-95
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
biltmore94-95

Male
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:40 am

hello stephen...
nice idea you have here...it just so happens that I'm converting a bag of cassettes that I'll be happy to share on this forum...
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 am

nice one mate. I'm going to going to start posting tapes tomorrow. hard work setting this up but I think now it'll just be about snagging and tweeking
cheers
Back to top Go down
jayman65
jayman65

Male
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:06 am

Hello Stephen....
Good luck with the place..... It's looking good........... Will post some sessions asap....

PEACE
Back to top Go down
http://www.whocorkthedance.com/

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Nice idea Steve, i was thinking only the other day about doing a dance tape database online, i found a free web based database system, forget the name of it now but it wasn't very good. I would like to see a Roots Archives style website devoted to dances but i've yet to find any decent software which will do this, it would be good to enter all the info you collect on this forum into a database or your own which can be used in the future in various ways, if you enter the info into a database from the start it will be easy to work with, but if u try to add all the info from a forum thats been running a long time into a database it's a real nightmare and so much hard work.
With all the increased popularity of dancetapes over the last few years and all the new recordings popping up on DHR etc. i keep thinking that all this info needs to be catalogued so i hope this will be the website for this to happen.

One thing i would reccomend you do tho, on the main index page u have a long list of Sound systems, it would make things alot better on the eye if u hid those sub categories, so for example if you just have one forum section titled Sound Systems, then when u click on that then u get to see all the sounds, you should be able to do this in your forum setup just by making sub categories, just like using folders really.
One of the big mistakes i seen on alot of new reggae forums is that they have so many forum sections, like one for Roots, dub, Ska, 60's,70's,80'd and so on. I think there can sometimes be too many boards and u end up with no one using the forum because all your visitors end up on different parts of the forum and people never get to read the posts made. It's alot better to start with some more general categories like 'Reggae' 'Sound systems' that kinda thing and to get your members built up then add more later, thats what i'd reccomend anyway.

One more thing, i notice your not using your mrsoundtapes.com URL for this forum, u should point that domain name to this forum, or just add a link to your old website to the forum pointing hear, then at least u will keep your traffic from the old site, if you totally scrap the old site and don't want to use the old URL then it's always worth setting up a redirect for all traffic going to the old site to come hear......

Looking forward to seeing this place get busy.....
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Floyd

Male
Number of posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:19 pm

RESPEC TO EACH AND EVERYBODY
Just joined ova from dhr to contribute a lil thing from time to time
big up yourself Stephen T- Good idea imo!!!

Bless up jayman & Biltmore + each and everyone round here!

Floyd aka floydlaw

btw. i am 31 yo and living in berlin, germany - A DAT ME REPRESENT!

Last edited by Floyd on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Krisklash reporting for duty   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Yes Stephen big up on your works. I am a from Birmingham England & been into soundsystem culture from early 70s to now. I will gladly contribute audio & anything else I can to the site. Keep up the good work & don’t go charging people once the site takes off, like some have before! LOL

Krisklash
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:33 am

Welcome all and thanks for the kind words

Rubba when you wrote: "One thing i would reccomend you do tho, on the main index page u have a long list of Sound systems, it would make things alot better on the eye if u hid those sub categories, so for example if you just have one forum section titled Sound Systems, then when u click on that then u get to see all the sounds, you should be able to do this in your forum setup just by making sub categories, just like using folders really."
that is exactly what I want to do, but I havn't worked it out. I've asked for help with it from a friend that knows about this sort of thing so hopefully we'll get there with that soon.

Regarding your comment: "One more thing, i notice your not using your mrsoundtapes.com URL for this forum, u should point that domain name to this forum, or just add a link to your old website to the forum pointing hear, then at least u will keep your traffic from the old site, if you totally scrap the old site and don't want to use the old URL then it's always worth setting up a redirect for all traffic going to the old site to come hear......"
I havn't scrapped that site- I just regard it as completely different. However I will signpost this site there and vice versa- I'm still setting this place up really. I just spilt the beans a little early to get feedback as I went and also to get help filling it up. I'd expect it to change alot in the next few days.

cheers for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
biltmore94-95
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
biltmore94-95

Male
Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:42 am

Ins come di musical ting call "formal introduction"

Hello everyone, first of all I'm very excited about this concept that Stephen has come up with it's very organized and with everyone's help and input, it can go a far way...

Anyway my names Chris and I've been collecting cassettes since 1986 and been involved with it in one form or the other ever since, whether it's collecting cassettes, DJ/chatting, even messing around with selecting...
I've been blessed over the years to have come into contact with many classic dances, and I would love to share them, I just need a little time in my schedule to upload, and I'll try to upload as much as I can. bless
Back to top Go down
keimo481zone
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: INTRODUSE YOURSELF   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:11 am

TIME TO FULL THIS SITE UP WITH SOME NEW GEMS MADE A MISTAKE EARLIER BUT THINK I GOT IT NOW WILL BE HITTING YOU WITH SOME UPLOADS REAL SOON.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:37 am

wat nice ideal along with the live dance cds me have can we also upload mix cds from the different sounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Evening   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:41 am

Hello Admin AKA Stephen thanks for the soundclash site you doing a good job my friend. Big up to all fellow lovers of the soundclash old school days. i was born in 74 n i Grew up in brixton' and im a big fan ov the 86 to 90 of soundclash reason being at that age i was allowed to roam street wid me posse n get up to nuttin but badness sneaking into dance crubbing up on some gal wid me 20/20 or canei inna me hand at 14 tinkin i was a don dada lol. esp sounds like Sir Coxsone
n King tubbys since growing up around those sounds. You couldnt walk through brixton back in those days and not here a sound playing in a shobbeen or a hall pitch black inside wid the proper gunga smell at the weekends.....those were the good ald days. now the dj/artist think there bigger than the music like they were here first.. i remember when blacka used to bad up certain djs n keep them in check when they used to try that superstar shit and wid him.. .Da good ole days..

Thanks again for the sites Stephen and keep, keeping up the good work..bredren!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 am

Greetings to all, wicked idea this, give thanks to stephen for the idea and the (surely difficult) task of setting it up, blessed
Simon Ital
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 am

greetings and blessings....good idea..large up..keep up the good and time consuming work
Back to top Go down
jahlove7
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Male
Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:33 am

Yes Stephen give thanks to you and all the cassette collectors who have kept the foundation session music alive.

Next year I am going to be 50 and I truly appreciate all the hard work you and Jayman, Andrew and all the DHR crew have done. All the youthful vibes being brought back from even the late 70's and 80's, pure classics. I am a little bias towards the foundation vibes not because it was around my era, but I just think the music and the sessions were genuinely coming from the heart. I know this new site will become an archive to be reckoned with on the web because of the dedication and class of you guys.

I am now going to bun a splif and listen to a wicked jahlovemusik session.

Blessing Stephen
Foundation
Back to top Go down
drbass
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Greetings from polish side !
Keep this site growing a big
Big up
Back to top Go down
Slim Jay
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Greetings everybody,

This site is a real good idea, thanx for the effort !
Nuff respect

Slim Jay - Dub Fi Dub Promotion
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Andrew

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Stephen, looks like the project is going well and it should grow and grow. Dont think i'm number one tape collector though. Maybe I might scrape into the top ten!

Andrew
WCTD
Back to top Go down
Mister Soundtapes
Admin
Admin
Mister Soundtapes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 am

Andrew wrote:
Hi Stephen, looks like the project is going well and it should grow and grow. Dont think i'm number one tape collector though. Maybe I might scrape into the top ten!

Andrew
WCTD
you'll always be my number one mate!! cheers for joining. I agree I think this place should be good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:29 am

greetings from czech republic, respect for the idea & especially for its realization, i will definately contribute with some stuff too..!

big up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 am

My name is Marcus and I live in Sweden. Really appreciate this site, too bad though that I don't have much to share myself.
Back to top Go down
magixx
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Nice format so far StephenT
Will love to help contribute to this site in any form bredrin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:37 pm

give thanks!
since i lost all my soundtapes a while ago(2 computer crashes) it will be nice maybe to get a hold of some of them again?

bless,patrik
Back to top Go down
jayman65
jayman65

Male
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Greetings Ripklaw, Macker, Magixx and Patrik,

We hope you find some bits on here you like and we look forward to anything you may have to share..........

PEACE
Back to top Go down
http://www.whocorkthedance.com/

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Big up Stephen, the site looks nice.
A place like this was missing !

Zonard - France
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next